Happy Friday world! Where did Autumn go? You know, that season that falls in between Summer and Winter. “Hey Autumn! Did you take a Fall or something?!” I crack myself up, but seriously, time to bust out that ankle-length jacket… it more than slightly resembles a down comforter. As my friend Lauren puts it, “the kind of jacket that makes you look like you’re walking around in a giant sleeping bag.” Let’s chalk this up to one of those things: can’t live with it, can’t live without it.
So a little update on what’s been going on with me… in no particular order:
- Still chugging along on our running regime. Got up to two miles last week (in Denver, 5000 ft above sea level). The race is 2.5 weeks away!
- MY CLIENT IS LIVE ON THEIR NEW ROLE DESIGN! It’s the little wins in life. I’ll be wrapping up this project in the next few weeks. A few noteworthy stats from the role redesign: A reduction in user access by 78%! The users previously has 9% of all available roles, that number was reduced to 4%, even though the number of roles nearly tripled. Users are now restricted to specific SAP tasks by company code. All roles are free from any inherent segregation of duties violations!
- I will be doing a webinar on November 20th for SAP Experts on “Surviving an SAP Security Audit.” More details to follow.
- Last weekend, I headed back to my alma mater to relive “the glory days (daze).” Had all my favorite greasy, fried foods and watched the Buckeyes conquer over the Hawkeyes in a nail-biter.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Check out this amazing picture montage from a photographer who documented his wife’s battle with breast cancer http://www.viralnova.com/wifes-cancer/. (warning: this is a tear-jerker). My friends and I attended the “PINK Prom” at the Horseshoe Casino in Cincinnati to join the fight against breast cancer and support the Susan G Komen Foundation. We got dressed up. Grabbed a few dates (to share). Walked the pink carpet. AND danced the night away… all for an AMAZING CAUSE!
Happy Friday to all my readers… stay warm out there.